Last updated: 09/03/2021
Any information that we collect through cookies will be used in accordance with our Privacy Notice https://www.visage.jobs/privacy-policy. If you do not accept the use of these cookies, you can disable them by following the instructions under the section “How can I control cookies” below. If you have any questions or concerns, then please contact us using the details provided at the bottom of this Cookie Statement.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Visage) are called ‘first party cookies’. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called ‘third party cookies’. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (normally when you exit your browser) are called ‘session cookies’. Session cookies allow us to recognise and link your actions during a browsing session. Cookies that can be stored for longer are called ‘persistent cookies’, and can be used to allow your preferences or actions across the website (or across different websites) to be remembered. We use both session and persistent cookies to deliver our Services to you.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons:
- Strictly necessary cookies are needed to provide you with the Services and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, we would not be able to provide you with the Services that you have asked for.
- Performance cookies are used to enhance the performance of the Services but are non-essential to their use. They collect information about you use the Services, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages.
- Functional cookies are used to remember choices you make (such as language or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These enable us to provide you with a better experience when using our Services.
- Analytics cookies help us to measure traffic and usage data. They enable us to view and analyse how you are using our Services in order to provide you with a better experience and maintain and improve our Services.
- Targeting cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed and, in some cases, selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
3. What cookies do we use?
A more detailed information about the specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Services and the purposes they perform can be found in our Cookie Preference Center https://www.visage.jobs/ (Cookie settings in the footer). Please note that the specific cookies served may vary depending on which of our Services you are using (for example, if you are visiting our Website or using our platform).
4. What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called ‘tracking pixels’ or ‘clear gifs’). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our Websites. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Services to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party site, and to improve site performance. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
5. Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Services. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
6. How can I control cookies?
Some of these cookies are essential and we cannot provide our Services to you without them, but there are others that can be turned off. Please note that turning off certain cookies will disable some of the features available to you through our Services. We cannot guarantee that your experience on our Services will be as good as it could otherwise be.
To change your cookie preferences, please go to our Cookie Preference Center.
https://www.visage.jobs/ (Cookie settings in the footer)
You can also change your preferences by changing the settings in your browser. For more information on how to manage the most popular browsers, please see below:
If you want to change your settings at any time (for example, if you accept all cookies but later decide you do not want a certain type of cookie), you’ll need to use your browser settings to remove any third party cookies dropped on your previous visit.
Third party cookies
In addition to managing cookies in your preferences and browser settings, you can also opt out of certain third party cookies.
Posthog: We may use Posthog to record and collect certain information about how you’re using the Services. This allows us to see what you’re doing so that we can give you accurate and helpful assistance and to generate useful analytics. To learn more about Posthog click here, and to opt out from being tracked by Posthog, simply login to your Visage account, go to your privacy settings and disable the information collection.
7. How often will you update this Cookie Statement
8. Where can I get further information?